I was thinking about Neil Pasricha’s blog called 1000 Awesome Things and started thinking about awesome frugal things. Here’s my Top Ten List of frugal things that I find particularly awesome:
- Using all of a food item without wasting a drop (especially if I’ve wasted the same food item in the past).
- Making a ‘brown bag lunch’ without using plastic or disposable products.
- Putting together a dinner with on-hand ingredients after considering going to a restaurant or buying new food (these dinners are famous at my house – known as ‘throw together dinners’).
- Eliminating an errand or doing an errand without a car.
- Talking myself out of buying something.
- Saving money on something that I’d normally buy anyway.
- Hearing the trash truck and not sprinting to the curb, because our trash can isn’t full.
- Getting rid of things from my house.
- Enjoying a day or a weekend without spending money.
- Reusing something that was headed for a trash can.
These are just a few things that I think are awesome. How about you?