I don’t get excited about Hallmark holidays like Valentine’s day. And being single seems like the perfect excuse for me to opt out of Valentine’s day participation. Or is it?
Whether you’re in or out of a relationship, Valentine’s day is not exclusive to romantic relationships. Every day is the perfect day to express your love for someone.
Here’s some ideas:
- Touch everyone in your home with affection
- Say “I love you” to everyone in your home, everyday
- Tell someone what they mean to you
- Give someone your undivided attention
- Do something unexpected for someone you love
That’s what comes to mind this morning. There are millions of ways to show your love and most don’t cost a single thin dime.
Thanks to Aldra (of Consciously Frugal fame) for inspiring me to think beyond the consumer aspects of Valentine’s day. “Love is a gift that is celebrated daily.”
This week I also enjoyed Betsy Talbot’s Valentine post at Married with Luggage: “Lower your expectations for February 14 and raise your expectations for romance throughout the year.”
Practice deliberate acts of love